Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving & the little things...


In two days from now I will be sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner with my friends and family to enjoy my favorite meal; meatballs and sauce.  (Yes, there is turkey too, but for me Thanksgiving means my dad’s antipasto tray and Aunt Carmella’s meatballs.)

Thanksgiving is also a time to reflect on our blessings and express gratitude.

   

Perhaps you will spend a few minutes thinking about how thankful you are to have big things in your life such as your family or your health.
 

What about the little stuff?  Start Friday!


Perhaps hearing your favorite song on the radio just as you were driving to a difficult meeting or appointment?  Maybe you found a few dollars in your pocket as you put on a jacket you haven’t worn since last year?  Maybe you ran into a friend you were just thinking about at the grocery store?  

It’s the little things that can bring joy into our lives each day and yet we are so busy we don’t always notice.  

So I challenge you to not let Thanksgiving be the only time to stop and reflect on what you are thankful for, starting Friday spend a few minutes each and every day reflecting on the little things. 

Looking for reminders, then join my facebook group “fillyour BAG happy.”  I love to add members!
Remember it’s the little things that can really make a difference, you just need to notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment