As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John F. Kennedy
- Soak up the love and warmth and gratitude during Thanksgiving.
- Find yourself a Gratitude Buddy - someone who wants to take that warm and fuzzy feeling and continue it throughout the year.
- Commit to each other to share 3 things a day - this can be done via text, in person, phone or any other form of communication you like. BUT IT MUST BE DONE EVERY DAY!
- Share these three things.:
- B - what is the best thing that happened today? What put a smile on your face or made you laugh? Why?
- A - what did you accomplish? Was is a work project, or maybe an arts and crafts project with the kids or maybe you were able to fold the laundry? Nothing is too big or too small. We all accomplish something every day if we get ourselves out of bed! Celebrate whatever it is and why it is important.
- G - What are you truly grateful for? Big things, little things - it does not matter. Even in the darkest of times you can find some light to focus on. Recognize the light for the day and why.
- You and your Gratitude Buddy do this every day from Thanksgiving through the Holidays. Remember I said it takes about 21 days to form a habit. Well, by the time the year is up you will have created a habit and more!
|Who will be your Gratitude Buddy?|
I would love to hear from you!
Post your experiences here or you can find me on facebook ("like" Cara Maksimow, LCSW, CPC).