Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Expectations vs Reality of becoming Mom

How many moms out there had expectation of motherhood that did not match up to the reality? 
I know I sure did.
I had so many romanticized opinions and thoughts about how perfect life would be. 

Then I had kids.

In the March/April issue of The Digest Magazine I talk about those unexpected moment like "bra burn" and mommy guilt and forgiveness. 

Over time I discovered that disconnect between my expectations and reality fed into the mommy guilt that made parenting so much tougher. 

Mom's out there who are feeling the same way, remember that perfection does not need to get in the way of great parenting. You are amazing and don't hear that enough! 

For more tips and stories you can get a copy of my book, Lose that Mommy Guilt, Tales and Tips from an Imperfect Mom here.

No comments:

Post a Comment